Sunday, August 3, 2008

Brownies

We decided to make brownies today. Yes, from a box. Is there another way to make them? I've heard you can do it from something called "scratch" but darned if I know what that is. Domestic Goddess I am not.



Now, I know that health and human services may have a fit about this, but honestly, you can't make brownies as a kid and not lick the bowl. Isn't that what the whole experience is about?



Danny, of course, dove right in. Jayden wasn't so sure. He had to wait to make sure that Danny didn't keel over from Salmonella poisoning before he'd try some of the batter. Once he saw that Danny was okay, he braved the gooey stuff and took a bite.



He wasn't as into it as Danny, but Danny didn't mind. More for him anyway.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

mmmmm......brownie batter!! If it helps you feel better, I usually use the box stuff too! shhh....it's my own little secret....

dougnlarry said...

I always make brownies from a box and the kids always lick the bowl. I'm right there with ya. :)