Friday, June 20, 2008

Pathetic

I should be mad. But I'm not. Dan is literally a joke at the daycare. Both of us were there today for Danny's graduation (I can't believe he's going to kindergarten in August!). Dan and I were civil to each other both during and after the ceremony. After he left with the boys (it's his weekend) I went to talk to the principal about Jayden's move into the 3 year old room and find out when I need to get serious about this potty training thing I've been procrastinating on.

And that's when I found out....

Dan submitted paperwork to enroll Raith (Crystal's son) into daycare with Jayden. Now, Dan and I have gone round and round on this issue. Needless to say, I'm not on board. There are many reasons for this. First, Jayden is already having to share his daddy with this new child. Asking him to share his daycare providers just isn't right in my opinion. Second, on days where I pick up the boys, how will Jayden feel if daddy walks in, takes Raith and leaves him behind? Third, how awful would it be for everyone if it just so happened that Crystal and I showed up at the same time to pick up our kids?

Anyway, despite my concerns, Dan has submitted this paperwork. Luckily, the principal of the school told him that without express permission from ME she can't accept the application. Thank goodness for small favors. I already told them that if Raith started preschool there I would be finding alternative care for Jayden. I just can't do that to my little guy (and myself).

I was also told that on the paperwork he filled out, he listed himself as Raith's Step-Father. And from what I was told, everyone there thinks that's tacky to say the least. Considering our divorce is nowhere near complete (and they know this) they thought it was ridiculous that he was calling himself Raith's step father. They also told me that if Dan is calling himself Dad to her son, it's pretty obvious that the opposite is happening as well. It gave validity to my complaints about Crystal insiting my kids call her "mom."

The joys of having to deal with a stupid ex and his bimbo new girlfriend. Seriously, I should be mad, but honestly, I'm just embarassed for the two of them. Just proves the old addage - give someone enough rope and sure enough, they'll hang themselves.

2 comments:

dougnlarry said...

I'm sorry he's once again being selfish and not thinking about what is best for the boys. I'm so glad the school sees your side and won't let Raith go there.

-KL said...

So now he gets to be 'Careless Stepfather' in addition to 'Careless Father'. Go Dan! What an overachiever.