Friday, June 20, 2008

Who said my baby could grow up so fast?

Today was Danny's "graduation" from preschool. They did the cap and gown thing and even though I thought it was a bit over the top, he looked absolutely ADORABLE. You all should be proud of me, I didn't even cry. I'm saving those tears for the first day of kindergarten. My parents went to the graduation and Danny was really happy they were able to be there.

Here is Danny walking to the area where they had all the kids sit and wait for their "diplomas." Not sure if you can tell from the picture, but that boy was POWER WALKING. Definitely a man on a mission. Either that or he was trying to outrun the heat. At 10 AM it had to be 90 degrees already! Gotta love summers in Sacramento!



The kids finally took their seats. I was surprised that they put Danny and his buddies all together in the front row. To give you an idea on how close they are, the teachers at the preschool have nicknamed them "the boy band." Maybe they thought that the kids would be less disruptive if they were next to each other? Either way, us moms had a good laugh about the teachers keeping the boy band together.

Here is the entire group of kids:



And a close up of the "boy band" (right to left is Danny, Nate, Jadon and Rider)



Danny was one of the first to be called up. Of course, I could only get a picture of the back of him as he decided to do that power walk thing of his again.



I did manage to get him to slow down enough for a picture with my parents



And one of him proudly displaying his "diploma"



He even stopped for a quick picture with his buddy Rider



And Rider's mom was nice enough to take a picture of me and Danny. (YIKES I look scary!)



Another shot of the "boy band" from left to right, Danny, Nate, Rider and Jadon



Danny showing off his graduation picture. Not sure if you can read it or not, but on the bottom it says "most talkative." Do they know my kid or what?



Posing for a picture with his teacher, Ms. Shannon:



Finally it was time to eat.



After lunch, Danny left for his weekend with his dad. I still can't believe that my baby is starting kindergarten. Man, I feel old.

3 comments:

dougnlarry said...

He looks so cute in the cap and gown. I'm so proud of you for not crying!

-KL said...

What a BIG GUY!!! #1's preschool didn't do anything like that...and you don't know how much you miss it until you see other kids getting to go through the motions, ya know? :) CONGRATS to Danny on his big day!

Amanda said...

He sure does look cute in the cap and gown! You know, it'll feel like tomorrow when he's graduating from high school! You got some cute pics and you don't look scary! You look beautiful!